The Shstring Foundation Weblog, Miscellaneous Byproducts
bauerm (at) shoestringfoundation · org
Subscribe to a syndicated feed of my weblog,
brought to you by the wonders of RSS.
Naming and name spaces are important in a lot of contexts:
Unfortunately, computer science is mostly ignoring the whole topic.
In the hope to change this a little, I'm building a
bibliography/link list on naming.
- natural language (naming things, people, places, …)
- programming languages (think about scoping, encapsulation, C's
static, inheritance, …)
- networking (Addresses, DNS, IDs for various types of sessions like in TCP or RPC, …)
- crypto (Identifiers in certificates, fingerprints in PGP, …)
- law (Trademarks, libels, …)
Additions, corrections and comments are welcome!